11 March 2007

spring ahead...

here i am, tomorrow i'll check into my first intermediate training stop as i head over to the sandbox. it has been about a week since i posted last and i wanted to have some 'substance' to share on here. first, me and my wife work with a youth group out in town and we had a great 'good bye' paaaarrty on thursday night. played some tuneage and got to do what i like best, chat with the youth. the weather here has started to warm up so in the back of my mind i am thinking, hmmm if it is getting 70 degrees here, i can only image how warm it must be starting to get in the sandbox. i was hoping to get there before the temps felt like you were walking on the sun. i guess i'll just have to aclimate quickly. did some great running ~8 miles...love the run, hate the chaffing (that is another story...somewhere else). i stopped by the office that is processessing my travel and training to see what the upcoming week looked like especially since i was hoping to drive my truck to the first couple of training locations. i wanted to drive from norfolk to maryland then to south carolina, stopping on my way to socar to pick up my family in virginia and spend the last night with them in socar before i checked in and headed to the 'box'. welp, not in navy think or logic...instead it seems like i will "HAVE" to fly to maryland and then the navy will pay for me to get a rental car while there. then i will "HAVE" to fly to socar. of course doing it all this way will leave me with a day or two at each stop and nothing to really do, except collect per diem $$. ok, i did my part to cut the budget, tried to save my fair protion of the nation debt but nooo, that was not acceptable. so, i will go ahead and follow the navy logic. hopefully the only rentals available when i get to maryland are CADDYs or VETTEs...hmm that would teach them. i hope the only rooms available are suites w/ a jacuzzi in the room and water front views...yeah,right. enough rambling about that. as if losing an hour of time on the clock wasn't enough 'out of my control' happenings before i leave. i guess when they decided 'they' would switch the clocks ahead, 'they' didn't take into account it would rob me of one more hour with my wonderful wife and kids before i left. errrgghh....i guess i'll go do my taxes and set my watch. ...BE SAFE, sandboxrich.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make me want to go IA too, living the life in fancy hotels with rental car.... Be safe..... H

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's your sister... Love the blog...good idea so we can see how you're doing!!! Love ya...stay safe
god bless

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work stay safe,be safe,come home safe love ya