14 March 2007

Lets get it started...

i have arrived at my first intermediate stop which is 'in processing'...read: redo much of the paperwork i spent the last 2-3 weeks filling out. ended up getting blood drawn and have an immunization scheduled for friday. so far i have met up w/ several others going to do a similiar job as me. this is a pretty optimistic and motivated group, ready to get on station and do some good. i will get my new uniforms (Army Combat Uniforms aka ACUs for those not in the know) this week. as you have read in my prior posting, i was going to "HAVE" to fly to my follow on training. well, chief logic has trumped navy think and i am now authorized to drive my POV ! it may seem like no big deal but it will allow me to stop at home one last time before i go to 'oz'. so kudos to the change in what i "HAVE" to do. now if i could just go back and change my taxes, i think i'll go ahead and check the box at step 1, giving $ to the federal campaign fund...lol...yeah right. anyway, i believe i have done my fair share at saving the gov't $$ by not having to pay for a plane ticket or rental car!!! i estimate it to be over $1k saved!!! perhaps if everyone did that ~300 million americans, we'd be doing pretty good. anyway, if you would like to read some of what my job will include, here is a good story i found on (***section has been removed by author to maintain integrity***) other insightful stuff...as i sign off, ummm, sign...that reminds me, i better look into signing paperwork for getting my 'tax free' pay and 'extra pays' started, hehehehe.....BE SAFE, sandboxrich

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for saving the government some money....time with you is more precious than gold, we love and appreciate you more than words could ever express. We are proud of you, you stay safe and keep on keeping on!